As Open Enrollment 2019 draws to a close on the federal level on Saturday December 15, 2018, it is critical that you get your health insurance as soon as possible to avoid the last minute rush that is sure to occur in the final days and hours of Open Enrollment.
While the official Open Enrollment for 2019 ends on December 15, 2018, there are some states that have Open Enrollment extensions into 2019. Below are the following states that have decided to extend their Open Enrolment for 2019.
States Extending Open Enrollment 2019
Originally when the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010, the enrollment period lasted 90 days during President Obama’s administration. However, since President Trump’s administration started it has been shortened in half to 45 days and for the 2019 Open Enrollment period it ends on a Saturday.
Below are the states that are extending their Open Enrollment Period for 2019.
- California – Open Enrollment extended through January 15, 2019.
- Colorado – Open Enrollment extended through January 15, 2019.
- Massachusetts – Open Enrollment extended through January 23, 2019.
- Minnesota – Open Enrollment extended through January 31, 2019.
- New York – Open Enrollment extended through January 31, 2019.
- Rhode Island – Open Enrollment extended through December 23, 2018.
- Washington DC – Open Enrollment extended through January 31, 2019.
While these lists of states have declared their wish to extend their 2019 Open Enrollment period, some may extend their Open Enrollment in the last minute or for other reasons. So, stay tuned.
Regardless of your situation, getting coverage sooner is always better and you should not wait to the last minute to get coverage because you are more likely to get busy signals on the phone or slowed access to those internet portals to get your health insurance. If you have any questions, please call us at 877-771-6866 and one of our licensed health agents can assist you in finding the right health insurance coverage that meets your needs.